Advanced Physiotherapy &
- Occupational Therapist
Hi , l had a great experience with Dr.Ratnakar Rao n his team. I experienced almost painless knee replacement surgery in the year of 2019 .lt is like rebirth. I...
I visited Dr. Ratnakar Rao sir for my mother's knee replacement suggestions. He guided me and mother right way and my mother undergone for surgery of both the knees. The...
Dr. Ratnakar Rao sir is the best orthopaedic doctor in Hyderabad , he and his team members (Mr. Srikanth) provide a family environment for the patient , My mother got...
Knee Replacement Surgeries
PHYSIOTHERAPY AND REHABILITATION
At Impact Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Center, our expert team of physiotherapists apply various techniques using cutting edge techniques to facilitate faster recovery of patients suffering from orthopedic disorders.
What is Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is an allied medical care used to cure the illness due to injuries, disability, and aging. It relieves the pain, helps in flexibility, help women to recover after child birth and easy functioning. Physiotherapy is done using exercise, manual therapy and electrotherapy. Rehabilitation is to make the person return back to normal or healthy by providing treatment and therapy.
What are the treatments under physiotherapy
Depending on the severity and condition of the patient the treatments are prescribed. Few of the physiotherapy treatments are,
- Exercises – Physical exercises are done to ease the movement and relieve pain.
- Sports Physiotherapy – It is done to ensure the physical health of the sports persons, by providing injury management and prevention methods, treatments to heal the injury, rehabilitation after injury.
- Women’s health – Therapy is given to women to relive pain after child birth.
- Acupuncture – Is done using needles by inserting in some parts of the body to relieve pain
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) – A battery operated device is used to give electric current to the affected area to relieve pain.
- Heat packs – Applying heat packs to the affected area relieves pain
- Massages- Massaging the pain areas
- Ultrasound Physiotherapy – Ultrasound is used for muscle retaining
- Kinesiology taping – Applying cotton tapes around the affected area to relieve pain
- Joint Mobilization techniques – to relieve pain and stiffness of the joints.
- Ice treatment – It is done few days after surgery to relieve pain
- Electrotherapy and local modalities – using energy to relive and pain natural healing.
What are the conditions for which Physiotherapy can help
A physiotherapist is required when a patients faces few of the following conditions,
- Arthritis – Inflammation of the joints which makes the movement of the person worse resulting in pain. Physiotherapist advises treatment depending on the severity of the illness.
- Sports Injury – When a sports person gets injured while exercising or during the game, physiotherapy is given to relieve the pain.
- Achilles tendon Repair – Tear or rupture of the Achilles tendon needs a surgery to repair. After the surgery rehabilitation is required to recover.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – a condition where the hand and fingers experience numbness or tingling feeling. This can be cured by physiotherapy.
- Palliative care – Care is given to the patients after surgeries, which enables them to function without dependence and live longer.
Dr. RATNAKAR RAO
MBBS & M.S (Orthopedics) AMC AR Fellowship – NUHS, Singapore.
Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Doctors Time Table
What Our Clients Say