Dr. Ratnakar Rao
Chief Consultant Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Performed over 25000+ Orthopedic & Joint replacement surgeries.
Dr. Ratnkar Rao (MBBS, MS (Ortho)) is one of the most renowned & leading orthopedic surgeons in Hyderabad. With an experience spanning over 19 years in Orthopedic & Joint replacement surgery, he performed over 25000+ Orthopedic & Joint replacement surgeries.
As a pioneer in Orthopedic & Joint replacement surgeries, he specializes in Knee & Hip Replacement Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy & Pediatric Orthopedics. He is a member of various prestigious national & international orthopedic associations like Indian Orthopedic Association, AO Trauma Foundation, SICOT, APAS India & OASIS.
- 1995 -2001: M.B.B.S., Andhra Medical College, India.
- 2003 -2006: M.S. Orthopaedics, Andhra Medical College, India.
- 2007- 2008: Tutor , Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- June 2009: Observership with Ross Crawford, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.
- Dec 2010-Jun 2011: AR fellowship with Prof. Suresh Nathan at NUHS Singapore.
- Jun 2015- Jul 2015: A O TRAUMA Fellowship under PROF. Nobert Haas. Charithe University Berlin, Germany.
- The incidence of Deep Vein Thrombosis following Total Knee Replacement in the Singapore population: A prospective study
- The use of a Tourniquet during the cementing phase of Total Knee Replacement and its impact on clinical outcomes: A prospective study
- Performance Of High Flexion Knee Designs In A South East Asian Patient Cohort – Zimmer
- LPS Flex versus the Scorpio NRG( on going)
- 2003– 2006 M.S Dissertation: Comparison between range of motion between bipolar and unipolar prosthesis in neck of femur fractures..
Conferences & Presentation
- Given talk in Tosacon January 24th 2020 at Nizamabad on fixation techniques in Tibial Bicondylar Fractures.
- Faculty in Anup Masters Course and presented a talk on Posterior Approach of Hip on 12th and 13th October 2019 in Patna, Bihar.
- Given talk on Management of Flexion Deformity in Total Knee Replacement in Arts Science Arthroplasty held in Vijayawada, on 6th July 2019.
- Faculty in Mid Term CME Global Trends in Management of Fractures on 27th January 2019 Hyderabad , KIMS Hospital.