Impact Orthopedics is popular in the sports world for providing ultramodern sports related surgeries and rehabilitation therapies with the help of advanced technologies and highly experienced doctors.
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness which involves preventing, diagnosing and treating sports or exercise-related injuries.
It refers to the practice of treating athletic injuries particularly those affecting the musculoskeletal system and rehabilitating /conditioning of athletes.
Why Does Any One Require Sports Medicine?
Athletes, both children and adults, participating in sports, exercises and other such activities are subject to body and health fitness rigors, pre-participation health screenings and treatment of injuries sustained in the sports arena.
The health fraternity has thus decided to focus on these special requirements of the athletes to enable them to confidently pursue their sports careers.
What Are The Common Medicines For Which Sports Medicine Is Advised To Be Taken?
Sports medicine specialists treat a wide range of physical conditions, including acute traumas such as fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations. They also treat chronic overuse injuries, including tendonitis, degenerative diseases and overtraining syndrome.
Here are examples of some of the injuries treated by sports medicine doctors:
- Plantar fasciitis : Heel inflammation
- Hamstring pull: Tear of tendons at the back of the thigh
- Achilles tendinitis : Irritation of tendons at the back of the ankle
- Concussion: Trauma causing injuries to the brain
- Ankle sprains
- Shoulder injuries
- Quadriceps strain: Pull of muscles in the thigh
- Hip bursitis: An inflammation local soft tissues in the hip
- Tennis elbow or Epicondylitis: Caused by overuse of the elbow.
- Lower back pain: Caused due to excessive and repetitive use of the lower back
- Shin splints: Pain at the inner edge of the main bone of the lower leg
- Torn Anterior Cruciate : Injury of Anterior Cruciate Ligament present in the knee
- Palletofemoral syndrome: Pain in the front of the knee or around the knee cap
- Groin pull: Injury of the muscles on the inner side of the thigh
- Eating disorders
What Is The Benefit Of Taking Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine doctors are specially trained to prevent illness and treat injuries of patients specially related to the sports or similar activities.
Following are the benefits of taking sports medicine:
- Specialized Care: Sports medicine physicians are specially trained to care for athletes, fitness professionals, and active individuals
- Enhanced Injury and Re-injury Prevention: Sports medicine physicians have an in-depth understanding of how athletes use their bodies during practice and play; as such, they provide patients with expert advice and instructions on preventing injuries
- Cutting-Edge Treatment Options: Sports medicine physicians and surgeons utilize the latest techniques and procedures to help restore function to injured areas
- Enhanced Athletic Performance: Sports medicine specialists often play an important role to evaluate an athlete’s anatomical strengths and weaknesses, make training regimen recommendations, and identify areas for improvement.