Best Knee Pain Doctor in Hyderabad
Don’t Let Your Knee pain Affect the
QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE?
RECLAIM YOUR LIFE NOW!
Hi , l had a great experience with Dr.Ratnakar Rao n his team. I experienced almost painless knee replacement surgery in the year of 2019 .lt is like rebirth. I...
I visited Dr. Ratnakar Rao sir for my mother's knee replacement suggestions. He guided me and mother right way and my mother undergone for surgery of both the knees. The...
Dr. Ratnakar Rao sir is the best orthopaedic doctor in Hyderabad , he and his team members (Mr. Srikanth) provide a family environment for the patient , My mother got...
Knee Replacement Surgeries
Impact Orthopaedic Center is renowned for using cutting-edge technology for the diagnosis and treatment of all types of debilitating and excruciating knee pain. Dr. Ratnakar Rao is the best Knee pain doctor in Hyderabad
What is Knee Pain?
Knee pain is the discomfort in the knee that may cause mild to severe pain. A person who suffers from knee pain often becomes sluggish to perform his or her daily activities.
What are the conditions of knee that causes Knee Pain?
The knee is the area that joins the bones of the thigh and the legs. It also has a bone-specific to the area called knee cap along with other muscles, tissues, cartilage and bursae. The most common causes of knee pain include:
- Knee Arthritis: This may be caused by wear and tear of the knee cartilage called osteoarthritis or by an autoimmune disease called Rheumatoid arthritis
- Knee Ligament Injuries: These are caused by blows to the knees or due to the indulgence in high energy work
- Torn Knee Cartilages (Meniscus): It occurs due to wear and tear especially in the elderly and aged people.
- Patellar Tendonitis and Tear : This is inflammation in the knee. It is the most common injury in sportspersons. It is caused by tearing of the tendon due to repetitive usage of the knee in a certain posture
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome: This is most common among young adults and is usually caused by vigorous activities that put stress on the knee.
- Chondromalacia Patella: This is the result of overuse of the knee or an injury, causing the cartilage behind the knee cap to soften and wear away
- Baker’s Cyst: Also caused by meniscus, it is a swelling in the back of the knee joint which causes a sense of tightening
- Prepatellar Bursitis: Inflammation of the bursae present in and around the bones and tissues in the knee joint
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome: Inflammation of the thick fibre collection that run along the outside of the thigh
- Some other rare causes of knee pain are: Dislocation of Kneecap, Gout, Plica Syndrome, Osgood-Schlatter Disease, Osteochondritis Dissecans, Knee Joint Infection, Kneecap Fracture, Bone Tumor
How is the cause of a Knee Pain Diagnosed?
Many knee conditions can be diagnosed by checking the physical condition of the knee area as well as the movements associated with it such as the range of its motion, stability, knee pain-causing activities, swellings, etc.
A medical history of the patient also helps in determining the cause of the knee pain.
Other diagnostic methods include:
- Blood tests: Helps in checking the presence of bacteria, anti-bodies, and uric acid crystals and the cause of infections and inflammation.
- X-Ray: Used for the detection of abnormalities in the bone structure such as fractures
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computerized Tomography (CT)Scan: This gives a clearer picture of the abnormalities in bones, the muscles, tissues, and the space between them.
What are the treatments to relieve Knee Pain?
Treatment of knee pain, based on the diagnostic reports can range from oral medication to surgeries. The kind of treatments are listed below:
- Rest: Sometimes, this is the only remedy for the knee pain
- Ice: Applying a pack of ice for 15-20 minutes for a few days in the affected may help relieve the pain
- Support: A knee brace for knee stability or a cast for knee-cap fractures may be recommended
- Oral Medicine and injections: These are recommended in the event of mild pains that do not require any physical treatment
- Surgery: Surgeries are recommended only in the cases of advanced knee osteoarthritis, Chronic knee dislocation, Anterior, and posterior cruciate ligament injuries, Certain knee fractures, and Infected knee joints. These sometimes require surgical drainage.
Dr. RATNAKAR RAO
MBBS & M.S (Orthopedics) AMC AR Fellowship – NUHS, Singapore.
Orthopedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Doctors Time Table
Our Patrons Speak